Saturday, August 6, 2011
Car Shopping
We met my dad this morning to do some car shopping. Since we plan to have a new vehicle before baby arrives (and that could be as early as September 10th) we really need to get our butts in gear! We have been putting this off for months now, but I think we made some real progress today. We test drove 3 different cars and got pricing information for a bunch of different things. First, we went to the Hyundai dealership and test drove the Santa Fe. I really liked the Santa Fe...a lot...which made me a little bias at the other dealerships. We went and looked at the Nissans next, in particular, the Murano. Greg's parents have a Murano, so we already knew it was a nice car, but the price jumps quite a bit to get the same features the Santa Fe had, and we didn't care for the base model all that much. Then we went to Honda and looked at the CR-V, which was surprising less expensive than we were expecting, but it was also smaller than the previous two and Greg couldn't sit up straight in the back seat because his head touched the ceiling. You could recline the back seats, which I hadn't seen before, and it helped, but I think it was just a little small for Greg. With the wheel as high as it would go, he couldn't get his legs underneath and his knees were pretty much in the dashboard. It only comes in a 4-cylinder, too, and I would prefer a 6-cylinder. So I think the CR-V has been ruled out as well. We would still like to look at the Kia Sonata and the Mazda CX-7 before making any decisions, but if I was a betting woman...I would bet that the Santa Fe is the ticket! Hopefully after next weekend we will be much closer to our decision!!
Appears in
Baby Preparations,
Cars
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment