Sunday, August 21, 2011

34 Weeks Pregnant!!

8/20/11 - 8/26/11

Our baby's development at 34 weeks:
  • Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers – which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born – are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
I am feeling:
  • Much more tired!  My energy levels have really dropped, which is a big problem because I have a million things to do, but no energy to do them!  I'm still not sleeping well - at all - and I'm still experiencing all of the same problems that I have for the last couple weeks.  I've also noticed a little bit of puffiness in my hands, but my blood pressure was fine at my check-up a few days ago, so I'm hoping it doesn't mean anything bad.  I haven't noticed any change in my feet or my ankles, though.  His movements get more and more uncomfortable every day and I am pretty sure that he is still head down.  He spends most of his time with what I assume are his feet lodged into my right rib cage and sometimes he changes positions from side to side and what I think is his butt pushes straight out and it feels like my skin cannot be stretched one more centimeter.  I am feeling (and looking) very low, but I think it is still too early for him to have dropped.  I still haven't had any Braxton Hicks contractions or stretch marks.  I am getting more excited and less nervous as his due date approaches - which is surprising to me since I am still very worried about labor.  I cannot wait to meet him!!
I am craving:
  • Tropical Snos - worse than ever - because I found out that they are closing this week!  I really don't know what I'm going to do.  I go to the stand owned by the women that surprised me at my bridal shower last year and I love when one of the women that was at my shower is working because we always chat and she hooks me up!!  She always gives me lots of juice and it is twice the size as the other ones I get there.  She was working a couple days ago when I went and I was talking to her about when they are closing and I said something like, "I don't know what I'm going to do!" and she told me that I could give her my number and she would give me a call if they have any of my flavors left after they close and she would sell them to me!  I have a little thing that shaves ice - obviously not as well and their machine - but the problem I have always had is finding a comparable flavor, so if she gave me those - I would be in business - at least for a little while.  Maybe it would at least get me through the rest of my pregnancy.  Why couldn't I have spent 90% of my pregnancy craving something that is easy to get?!? 
I look like:

Baby looks like:


1 comment: