Our baby's development at 35 weeks:
- Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
- Pretty worn out - it was a very busy week!! My biggest concern at the moment is the swelling that I have noticed in my hands for the last week or so, and now a little in my feet and today it seemed as though my face was kinda puffy. I'm really hoping that it is just normal pregnancy swelling. I have a check-up tomorrow, so we shall see. I feel like a broken record with most of my other symptoms...indigestion, trouble sleeping, painful movements, etc. I am pretty sure I have mentioned this, but I have so much pain in my lower back and lower stomach when I switch sides throughout the night and when I get up to go to the bathroom. It's just so hard to believe that both of my baby showers have come and gone and it is almost September! And not only that, but he could potentially come at any time! I really don't think he will wait until October, but I hope he decides to wait a couple more weeks!
- I don't wanna talk about it...(Tropical Sno closed on Friday). Actually, besides being incredibly distraught about my Tropical Sno stand closing, I have had quite sweet tooth for the first time in this pregnancy.
Baby looks like:


You can always get an at home blood pressure cuff from CVS. The only concern with swelling is it is a sign of preeclampsia, and if you had that your blood pressure would be up.
ReplyDelete