Sunday, August 14, 2011
1 Step Closer...
Greg and I spent the afternoon yesterday looking at some more cars. We stopped at a Ford dealership first and looked at the Escape and the Edge. I didn't care for the Escape all that much, but the Edge was nice. We took the Edge for a test drive, but we were dealing with your typical car salesman - he was rather pushy and almost made us feel like a couple of dumb kids - which makes any other decision making very tough for me. Ultimately, we would have wanted one of the higher up models of the Edge, which were more than we were wanting to pay, so we headed off to Kia. In my last post about our car hunt, I said that I would bet we would end up with the Santa Fe...well...I think I would have been wrong! We REALLY liked the Kia Sorento!! We drove 2 models, the base model, with a 4-cylinder and then the middle model, but with a 6-cylinder and I was sold! It has everything I wanted and Consumer Reports has it ranked #2 in the mid-sized SUV category. I take what Consumer Reports has to say with a grain of salt, but it doesn't hurt that they think it is a good vehicle. It is very similar to the Santa Fe, but has a couple extra features and the third row of seats, which we don't plan to use very much, but really like that they are there in case we would need them. They fold down completely flat and look no different than the SUVs that don't have them when they are down. Plus...our salesman was wonderful! Not that that is a huge deal, but I would much rather give business to people I like. I'm really quite excited about it and I think we are done car shopping. We are still waiting to hear about a potential deal on a Nissan, but I am really not optimistic that the deal will put the mid-level Murano in the ballpark with the Sorento. Hopefully we will hear something in the next day or two and then I would like to move on this, one way or the other! It's already almost Labor Day!!!
Appears in
Baby Preparations,
Cars
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kia Sonata... or do you mean the Sorento? We went car shopping yesterday (it was SO annoying) and we also fell in love with the Sorento. Just kinda bummed on the limited selection everywhere. Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteTOTALLY meant the Sorento!! Love it!! The dealerships up here have HUGE selections! They probably had at least 30 on the lot we were at and they said that we could have whatever color combo we wanted because they would trade to another dealer to get exactly what we wanted! I'm really excited and I think we may have it sooner than later!!
ReplyDeleteOh, how exciting Candice! Getting a new car is the best! I hope you find exactly what you are looking for before next weekend so I can see it :)
ReplyDelete