Monday, August 1, 2011

31 Weeks Pregnant!!

7/30/11 - 8/5/11

Our baby's development at 31 weeks:
  • This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy. Baby Center seems to be a little off in their measurements considering he weighed 3.7 lbs. a week ago.
I am feeling:
  • Very big and very chubby.  I'm still very uncomfortable when I sleep and it is getting worse every night.  It feels like my belly weighs about 1000 lbs and every time I turn from side to side, it is actually painful. I attempt to sleep on my left side, but the pain I have under my left breast hurts so bad that I have to switch sides.  And I'm still going to the bathroom 2-3 times a night usually.  My indigestion is horrible and I'm expecting it to stay that way for the remainder of this pregnancy.  He has been incredibly active this week and his kicks are getting pretty hard.  Sometimes they hurt a little bit and other times they actually make me jump.  He made Mom jump yesterday when she had her hand on my belly because he kicked so hard.  I'm really getting excited to meet him!!
I am craving:
  • Still fruit.  Especially watermelon, apples and cantaloupe, but really any fruit sounds delicious!  I have now officially gone over a week without a Tropical Sno, which I think is a record since they opened, but that is primarily because I was in Connecticut for the weekend.  
I look like:

Baby looks like:

1 comment: