Sunday, August 14, 2011

33 Weeks Pregnant!!

8/13/11 - 8/19/11

Our baby's development at 33 weeks:
  • This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
I am feeling:
  • A little more tired than usual, but I don't know if it is due to pregnancy or my restless nights.  Probably a combination of both.  I feel so big and uncomfortable pretty much all the time and my feet hurt so bad if I'm on them for very long.  My lower back has been hurting a lot, too.  No change in my indigestion, which wakes me up every night and bothers me most of the day, but I have only been getting up once a night to go to the bathroom recently - which is so weird because I have been drinking twice as much water.  His kicks and movements are still quite uncomfortable sometimes and he seems to get the hiccups A LOT. 
I am craving:
  • Fruit, mostly watermelon, scrambled eggs w/cheese, pancakes/french toast, blueberry muffins and water.  I have been soooo thirsty lately!!  I have drank a lot of water throughout this pregnancy, but nothing like the last week or so.  I am always thirsty!  And I have really been craving breakfast food.  I had breakfast for dinner a couple times this week and it was delicious!
I look like:

Baby looks like:


1 comment:

  1. Well you sure don't look big and uncomfortable. It is hard for a little baby to fit in such a tiny frame! I promise, though, with the second one you don't feel any of that awful stretching and pulling :)

    ReplyDelete