Saturday, August 6, 2011

32 Weeks Pregnant!!

8/6/11 - 8/12/11

Our baby's development at 32 weeks:
  • By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
I am feeling:
  • Umm...as good as can be expected at this stage of the game I think.  His kicks are getting pretty strong and can be uncomfortable and even painful sometimes.  It feels like he is going to kick a hole right though my belly and pop out!  He is a very active little thing!  He gets the hiccups a lot and really enjoys putting his feet way up in my rib cage.  He spends the majority of the time in a diagonal position, but sometimes he is completely vertical and it really hurts my bladder.  Once in a while, he feels horizontal which is extremely uncomfortable, but he doesn't usually stay in that position for very long.  I'm getting more and more anxious to meet him everyday!  I still have horrible indigestion, pretty miserable nights and I'm starting to have trouble doing some pretty basic things, like bend over to pick stuff off the ground, shave my legs and wash my mouth out (at the sink in our bathroom) after I brush my teeth.  Bubby is getting much more difficult to pick up to take outside and I thought I was going to pull something in my back trying to move the coffee table to vacuum yesterday. 
I am craving:
  • Watermelon like crazy!  I usually have some when I get up in the morning and then a big chunk in the evening.  God I hate those stupid white seeds, though.  I just do not understand how a watermelon can be called seedless and still contain hundreds of those stupid seeds!  Surprisingly, I have been on a chicken kick lately, too.  I have had some form of chicken for just about every lunch and dinner.  
I look like:

Baby looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment