Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!!  We got back from Connecticut on Sunday night after spending a few days visiting Greg's family.  As always, we had a wonderful time and we wish that our families lived closer, but luckily, Connecticut isn't too bad of a drive (about 8 hours from here).

We got there Wednesday night and Kurt came over with the kids for a little bit.  After, we exchanged presents with Greg's parents.

  
Thursday, we went and visited Greg's mom at work. We went over to Kurt and Ana's house New Year's Eve and we played games most of the night!  Such a fun (and comfy) way to bring in the new year!! :)

 
 
New Year's day was pretty relaxing - we just hung around most of the day and then everyone came over that night to watch Ohio State kick Oregon's butt! Following that, we played some more games! :)

Saturday morning, I went and visited Christie and she looks incredible!  It still amazes me that of all the places in the world, she lives 30 minutes from my fiance's hometown!  CRAZY!  Anyway, we chatted for a couple hours, but then they had to leave to go pick up their new minivan (Hehe)!  That night, we had a family dinner and then Greg and I went over to Sean & Kelly's house (Sean is Greg's best friend and a groomsman in the wedding). We played the new Mario for the Wii and it was such a blast!!!  Trying to get all four people through the levels is hysterical!

Sunday morning, we got up bright and early and hit the road and got home around 4:00.

Now that the holidays are over, I have re-commited myself to the wedding planning and my first task is to go and look at the bridesmaid dresses from the previous post and make a decision!!  My mom and my grandma are going with me tomorrow after work - so hopefully by Thursday I will have the dress picked out!!  We are also going to another bridal show on Sunday and there are a few things that I plan to book on the spot that I wasn't quite ready to do at the last show that we went to.  Hopefully the vendors are offering the same deals!

Tonight was also my first night back in my gym since before I sprained my ankle at my birthday party over the summer (sad...I know)!  My brother, Jason, and I are giving it another shot - hopefully it won't end with us being short a groomsman! :)  We are going to start out going twice a week to get back in the swing of things and then plan to increase it to three days in February, four days in March - and we will probably stay at four till the wedding.  I can't imagine having enough time to go five days a week once the wedding gets close!

No comments:

Post a Comment