Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Problem with Indecisiveness

I may have changed my mind about the sash colors again.....I know everyone that voted said that they liked the daffodil instead of the beige, but I am leaning back towards the beige (sorry!!).  My mom, grandma and I went to JoAnn Fabrics tonight to match the tiny color swatches that I bought so that I would have a lot of fabric to use when talking to vendors.  We found exact matches to the pink and the yellow and decided to just buy a yard of each.  When I got home, I laid out the pink fabric in the size of the dress and rolled up the yellow where the sash would be...and I'm not completely thrilled about it.  It's pretty...but I'm not sold on it.  I immediately came upstairs and opened up the sketch I had made of the dress, pulled up the Bari Jay color swatches and filled in the sash color with every color available.  Some I didn't even bother saving, but I put ten different colors all on the same sheet and printed them off (yes - I am aware of my OCD).

(click to enlarge)
I still like the ivory - which is what Christie & Kim will wear - but I honestly have no idea what color I like for everyone else.  I do like the beige - or I was also thinking about maybe doing all tulip.  I also like the petal and sage - and since these dresses need to be ordered ASAP - I need to make my final decision ASAP.  My mom is going to come over in the morning and tell me what she thinks about the tulip/daffodil combo - and I actually like it in the sketch above - but not in person.  I guess I will try to sleep on it!

Also - my mom is feeling much better after spending a couple days feeling pretty crappy - but she is back on the move now! :-)

2 comments: