Friday, January 22, 2010

We Might Be Able to get Married Now

I finally spent some time yesterday looking for an officiant after putting it off for a long time.  I ended up finding a guy that seems okay - he's older, kinda dry, but seems to have a lot of experience with non-denominational weddings - so hopefully he will work out.  One of his major selling points for me was that his wife is also ordained, so if something were to happen to him, there would be a back-up.  I was also thrilled to hear that his wife comes to the ceremony and is basically in charge of making sure that everything runs smoothly and makes sure that everyone knows where to go.  Greg and I are meeting with him next Wednesday - so hopefully we will be able to check "Officiant" off of our list afterwards. 

I finally spoke with the event lighting people yesterday as well - we are meeting them at Firestone on Monday during my lunch.  I am really anxious to see what they can do because quite frankly - I am totally clueless in this arena - my mom is the one that feels that lighting is essential.  I am going to try to find some looks that I like this weekend so that I at least have something to take in to show the guy. 

Greg and I are going to attempt to register again this weekend - but we are bringing along some experts this time...my mom and my grandma.  Considering the last and only time that we attempted this, we spent about two hours in Macy's and walked out with six or seven items on our registry, we decided that we needed help. 

Also, my soon-to-be nephew has been in the hospital all week, so please say a prayer for him.  Hope you feel better really soon Max and we are thinking about you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment