Monday, January 11, 2010

Tough Couple of Days...

Sunday morning, I received a phone call from Sam and he informed me that he had taken my mom to the hospital at about 4:00 in the morning.  They didn't know anything, but she had the same symptoms that she had about a week prior - severe abdominal pain and continuous vomiting.  When we got to the hospital, she was pretty out of it because they had given her some pain medicine and she was exhausted. 

Since then, they have run all kinds of tests and have ultimately determined that her gallbladder is causing the pain.  She was supposed to meet with the surgeon tonight, but due to a paperwork error made by the hospital today - the surgeon never came.  He was supposed to meet with us around 5:30 tonight - at 7:30 the nurse came in and told us that there had been a mistake made...which is just ridiculous.  My mom had her last test at 11:00 this morning and didn't see a doctor the rest of the day.  Needless to say....I'm a little angry about the situation.  Now she has to stay an additional day just waiting. 

She is likely going to have to have her gallbladder removed, which is a relatively easy surgery - but it's still surgery.  I wish that the stupid surgeon would have talked to us tonight so that I would at least know what the plan is - but instead, we have no idea.  Hopefully we will learn more tomorrow (we better!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment