Thursday, January 28, 2010

Officiant...but No Baby!

I have been trying to wait to write my post tonight because I keep expecting my phone to ring....but still no baby news!  Christie was induced this morning and the last text that I got from her was at 5:30 and she had already gotten an epidural and was 8 cm dilated - I can't believe she hasn't had her yet!  I am so anxious to hear something!!! 

In wedding news...Greg and I met our officiant tonight.  He is such a sweet old man - I just want to give him a hug!  He looks like a cross between a stereotypical grandpa and Santa Claus.  He is a former college professor and has a doctorate degree.  His wife wasn't able to join us tonight because she had cataract surgery this morning, but she will be at the rehearsal and the wedding to make sure that everything runs smoothly.  I have to admit that he was a little dry to talk to - but I am not looking for a stand-up comedian, so I think he will work for us.  So that's another big  off my seemingly never-ending list!  Yay - progress!! :-)

UPDATE:
Christie had her baby at 10:06pm!!!  Nicolette Rose Grant is 7 lbs 6 oz!!  How exciting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment