Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hope My Girls Like It!!!

I'm super excited because I have decided on the bridesmaid dress!!  It has everything that I wanted the dress to have!  It is a two-tone dress, which I originally REALLY wanted, but had put on the back-burner because I wasn't having any luck with it.  It is floor length - which was kind-of a must.  It is really light and airy - which I think is important for an outdoor wedding in June.  I think it will be flattering on everyone, and it has a flower - which was a newer preference, but I really like!!  So here it is....please do your best to overlook the hideous color of this dress:

Since you can't see it very well, here is a picture from the Bari Jay website:


I think I have also chosen the colors - the dress will be in tulip and the MOH's will probably have an ivory sash and the bridesmaids will have a beige sash (or maybe the other way around).



I tried on the one shoulder dress - and I liked it - but it was just a little too "trendy" for me.  I didn't want to look back on the dresses 20 years from now and wonder what I was thinking.  It was pretty, though:

I am also interested in what everyone thinks about ordering the dresses from an online retailer - the dress is significantly cheaper, so I was thinking that would be the best bet.  Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Online is fine/better actually because then it can ship directly to us (am I the only bridesmaid to ever comment?) Also, I like the one should dress in the picture better but think the first dress is much more flattering on! Good choice! Miss you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm no Katy - I comment too :) Online is completely fine - didn't we do online for someone elses? I feel like we did. Anyways I really like the dress babe!! It will look so good! YEAH!! Can't believe how fast everything is creepin up!

    ReplyDelete