Monday, January 25, 2010

Platinum Inspiration

I would just like to say.....it's ALL my mom's fault!  For months now, my mom has been bugging me to watch a show called Platinum Weddings on WE tv.  I never really got into it - but they have had a couple marathons this weekend and I happened to catch one episode in particular that really inspired me. (Sorry Dad!)  A couple (Candes & Milan) had this beautiful crystal backdrop for their ceremony and now I want to incorporate it somehow.

 
I haven't figured out if it is even possible yet, but I would love to have one end of our ceremony tent (or just a portion of it - considering it is 30 feet across) have these strands hanging down, possibly instead of a wedding arch.  I might just have some pedestals with flowers or something.  Then, I would incorporate the crystal/floral theme into the reception as well.  I think I need to do some more research on this!

We spent a couple hours yesterday registering...which is not an easy task for us.  We picked out our china and we had much better luck than we did the last time - but we still need to add quite a bit more.  We had planned to go to Macy's after Bed Bath & Beyond - but I hadn't been feeling very good Friday or Saturday - so we will have to go back some other time.  I am feeling better today - but still not 100%.

We have our meeting with the lighting people tomorrow - which I'm really excited for because it is at Firestone so I will be able to visualize everything much better.  I also have a bunch of questions to ask the event lady at Firestone - so it should be a productive lunch break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment