Our baby's development at 27 weeks:
- This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
- Good. It was such a busy week this week and I was very preoccupied with so many different things. I threw my dad's 60th birthday party this weekend, which required a lot of planning. Plus, my website has been doing surprisingly well, so it has been taking up most of my evenings. I am still getting pretty bad indigestion and I'm not sleeping very well. It's been a combination of indigestion, lower back aches, baby kicking me, having to go to the bathroom and thunderstorms that have been causing me to get up multiple times every night. This baby kicks me SO MUCH and I have started to notice a pattern of when he sleeps. I think mostly, though, I just feel big! And I'm looking very chubby in my face!
- Still not much in the way of cravings. A couple times this week, I started thinking about Penne alla Vodka from Christie's restaurants, but there wasn't much I could do about that. We will have to go one of them while I am out there for my shower if it isn't on the shower menu!! It is soooo delicious!! They make vodka sauce that you can buy - but it doesn't even compare! I'm still loving Tropical Snos - but I am making the trip down to get them less and less. I only had 1 this week! I am definitely planning to make a trip down for one after my 7 month check-up tomorrow! It would probably be bad to get one before my appointment since they are doing my gestational diabetes test! Haha.
Baby looks like:


You do NOT look chubby in the face!!! You look BEAUTIFUL!!!! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
ReplyDelete