Wednesday, July 27, 2011

30 Weeks Pregnant!!

7/23/11 - 7/29/11

Our baby's development at 30 weeks:
  • Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision – which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
I am feeling:
  • A little sleep-deprived, still.  I am really struggling to get a good nights sleep.  Luckily, nightmares haven't been the cause, but my indigestion, constant need to go to the bathroom and overall discomfort cause me to get up so many times throughout the night.  I just can't ever seem to get comfortable and stay comfortable for very long, so I toss and turn all night long.  I am also experiencing some lower belly/bladder pain, especially when I have been on my feet for an extended period of time or when I first stand up from sitting for a while.  Other than that, I am mostly just in a state of disbelief at how fast this pregnancy has gone and how soon our little boy is going to be here.  I'm so excited and so nervous!! 
I am craving:
  • FRUIT!!!  Any kind of fruit - but surprisingly - watermelon!  I don't typically like watermelon all that much, but I can't seem to get enough the last week or so.  We have gone through about 3 or 4 watermelons in the last couple weeks.  We ran out one night, so I made Greg go and buy a couple pre-cut (overpriced) containers of fruit from the grocery store because I wanted fruit so bad.  It's much better when we buy the whole fruit and Greg cuts it up for me, but it held me over till the next day.  It's funny how few cravings I've had through this pregnancy and then all of the sudden, I can't seem to go more than a couple hours without snacking on some fruit!
I look like:

Baby looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment