Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Follow-up Ultrasound

At my 20-week appointment, the ultrasound showed that my placenta was closer to my cervix than they would like (Placenta Previa), which meant that I got to see my baby again to check to see if it had moved.  On Monday, I went in to get checked and everything was perfect!  My placenta had moved up (so I no longer have Placenta Previa) and she also did a thorough exam of baby (like at our 20-week appointment) and took all his measurements.  He was head down with his feet were way up in my rib cage, his heart rate was 153 bpm and my fluid levels were normal.  Babycenter.com must be off in their weekly updates, because he weighed approximately 3.7 lbs which puts him in the 50th-75th percentile. (Babycenter said he should be a little less than 3 lbs.).  On Monday, his gestational age was 30 weeks and 2 days and he measured at 30 weeks and 6 days.  The ultrasound tech also said that she could tell that he had hair on his head - which doesn't surprise me one bit with the indigestion that I've had!!  When she was trying to get his spine measurements, she was pushing into the side of my belly a little hard and he didn't like that at all.  He was kicking hard enough that the tech was like "Whoa!".  I wasn't too impressed with the pics we got - they were very blurry and it is hard to make out what you are looking at, but I wanted to post one of his cute little face.  You probably won't be able to see it (my mom couldn't see it when I was pointing to the actual parts) but his face is at about a 70° angle and he has his 2 arms on either side, so he is kinda peaking though them.

No comments:

Post a Comment