Our baby's development at 29 weeks:
- Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain – which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.
- Honestly...not great. The last couple weeks, my indigestion has been kicking my butt. Plus, I haven't been getting much sleep at all. I am so uncomfortable and I toss and turn all night long. I'm not supposed to sleep on my back, so I am constantly having to roll onto one of my sides, because I naturally sleep on my back. I also get up on average twice a night to go to the bathroom and the worst part is that my horrible nightmares have returned. I woke up this morning at 6 bawling uncontrollably and decided that there was no way I was going back to sleep. I came downstairs and watched TV until it was time to sign on for work. And most nights, I wake up in the middle of the night with acid burning my chest and downing a couple Tums. I really wish I could get better sleep now because I know I won't be getting much once baby arrives! I've been much more sluggish, too, which I'm sure is due to my lack of sleep.
- I think I expected much more intense cravings during pregnancy. I'm just not having many. Everything I crave is fruity and that has been pretty consistent through my whole pregnancy, but very rarely are my cravings all that unbearable. And they really haven't changed all that much nor are they much different from before I was pregnant. Tropical Snos, pineapple and Strawberry Fruitista Freezes - but only when I can't have a Tropical Sno. And that's about it.
Baby looks like:


Looking great! I can't wait to see you next week!! xoxo
ReplyDelete