Monday, July 4, 2011

Dad's 60th Birthday!

He's not the easiest man to throw a party for, but it ended up working out great!  There was a lot of hem and hawing when I brought up the idea a few months ago, but he ultimately decided that a party for his 60th would be fun.  I made the invitations in May, hoping to get them printed and out by the first of June, but there was a delay getting the invite list, so they didn't get out until the 2nd week of June.


We had a really great turnout - around 40 people or so - and the weather cooperated perfectly!  It rained in the morning before the party, got sunny right before party time and then started storming again post-party.  I took Friday off of work to get everything and with the help of Mom, Grandma, Greg and Sam, it was a great party!  My mom and grandma helped me out big time by making a bunch of yummy appetizers and helping me set up!  I took some pre-party pics but I was so busy during the party that I didn't do a very good job of taking many until the party was wrapping up.

(Dad & his sister, Patty)

(The Shubert clan)

(The neighbors - most of whom I have known since I was 2)

(A gag gift from Rick & Linda)

(Sam left before I got the group together for a pic)
 
It was a great party - but boy did my feet hurt by the end of it!!  I am so glad that I was able to throw this party for him!  If we had gotten pregnant a couple months earlier, it would have been tough, but this worked out perfect! 

Happy 60th Dad! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment