Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bubby - 6 Months Post-op

6 months ago today was one of the worst days of my life so far.  Bubby had his back surgery and I spent the day completely terrified of the outcome.  Thankfully, Bubby made it through the surgery and despite the extremely difficult and long recovery process, he is a happy boy that I love more than words can explain!  I am so thankful for how great he is doing and I just pray everyday that he doesn't re-injure himself!  (Sorry for the loud noise in the middle of this - I was getting a work email.)



As you can tell, he still has a little runway model look to his walk, but he isn't in any pain currently. We still do not allow him to do any steps (which is getting interesting the bigger I get) and he is not allowed up on the couch (but he sneaks up there from time to time - we just put him back down). Up until about a month ago, we had him restricted to the family room, because he was still having a hard time on the slippery surfaces, but we have since given him free reign of the 1st floor - we just have the steps blocked off. He is just the best boy in the whole world and I love him to pieces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment