Tuesday, June 7, 2011

23 Week Check-up

I had my 6 month check-up today and it was another quick appointment!  I broke the 130 lb. mark (131 lbs.) but my book says that I should be gaining 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. a week right now, so I seem to be right on track (I was 126 lbs. at my 5 month appointment).  I have to admit - it is still really crazy to see a number in the 130s...and it's crazy to think that I will probably be in the 140s when this is all said and done!  I already feel like a whale - I can't even imagine another 15 or so pounds!  Greg will have to roll me around!

Everything was perfect at my check-up, though.  My blood pressure was back down to 101/62 - which is much more normal for me than the 115/70 readout that I got at my 5 month check-up.  I was really concerned that my blood pressure was going to be even higher at this appointment and I would have to worry about Preeclampsia, but thankfully, my blood pressure is back to normal!  This was the first time that she measured my belly and it measured at exactly 23 centimeters - so I am the exact size I am supposed to be.  (The # of centimeters should equal the number of weeks along you are.)  His heartbeat ranged from 145 bpm - 152 bpm and I learned that if the heart rate doesn't jump around, it could mean that there is something wrong with the baby.  Overall, it was another successful appointment!  At my next appointment (7/5), I will have my gestational diabetes test and I have my follow-up ultrasound to check my placenta placement on July 25th.  I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going!!!

1 comment: