Our baby's development at 26 weeks:
- The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take two to three days.
- Extremely productive!! I have been so motivated and energetic this week and I'm hoping that it continues because I have a lot left to do! I got the baby's changing table and dresser (thanks Sam & Mom) this week and got them both put together. I bought the crib, but it won't be in for another week or so. I also got his drapes and some other little things for his nursery. On top of that, Greg and I rearranged my office and I bought and put together a new cube bookshelf for my business stuff. I will be posting a couple pics in a different post. I'm still experiencing incredibly bad indigestion, but I found THE BEST Tums in the world (Wintergreen flavor - they taste like the round LifeSaver wintergreen mints that I used to always have a stock of in my car) and they help the majority of the time. I definitely don't have to worry about my calcium intake!
- No real cravings this week. I've been back on my pineapple kick - but it's not a true craving.
Baby looks like:


you look great! miss you! xoxo
ReplyDelete