What an incredible weekend this has been! We have had perfect Memorial Day weekend weather! It's been blue skies and hot! I really don't want it to end! The good news is that I only have a 3-day workweek because my BFFs Katy & Lynn are visiting on Friday! I'm so excited to see them and Katy's boys!
Friday night, Greg and I got some pizza and had a movie night. We saw The King's Speech, which was a little anti-climatic, but I thought it was pretty good. I definitely thought that Colin Firth deserved the Oscar for that role! Saturday morning, Mom picked me up, we went and got Grandma and had our weekend ritual breakfast at IHOP. Then, we drove all the way up (40 minutes) to Lodi to go to the outlets where we bought a ton of baby clothes, had lunch and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. After we left the outlets, we drove all the way back down to Massillon (40 minutes) to get Tropical Snos! Even with all the driving, it was such a fun day! We stopped by my dad's house on our way back to Grandma's so that I could go to the bathroom (I'm pregnant...) and borrowed his ladder so that Greg could get the bird's nest out of our house, which became a huge fiasco!
Greg has been so pissed about these birds that made a nest in the bathroom vent because I wouldn't let him get rid of it when we first noticed them about a month ago. I didn't want him to kill any eggs or baby birds, so I told him to wait until the babies flew away (which was sometime this past week). Well, unfortunately, these birds also made our first floor bathroom smell like a barn, so it wasn't the best idea on my part. It turned into a 4-hour ordeal Saturday night and Sam had to be called in for reinforcements to try and get rid of this nest. There were leaf blowers, hangers, pex pipe and gardening tools involved. Plus, my bathroom got beat up! We now have a grate over the vent to prevent this in the future, but our bathroom still smells like a barn.
Sunday, I had a wonderfully relaxing morning, spent a couple hours working on my website, cleaned up the house a little bit and then we got ready to go to a friend's 30th birthday party. Last fall, my friend, Tiffany, called me and said that she was going to a friend's house in Wadsworth and wondered what we were up to. It turned out that the friend lived our neighborhood. She is dating an old friend of mine (that I also knew through Tiffany) named Bill. We've have hung out with them several times since then and last night was Bill's 30th birthday party. It was so much fun - even though I couldn't drink. You really don't even need alcohol when Tiffany is around. She is the funniest person I know and she hasn't changed one bit since we were in 7th grade! We played cornhole, reminisced, ate and had such a fun night!
Today, I woke up and went to get groceries because I was out of cereal and milk. I got some yummy steaks and potatoes so that we could grill out on this beautiful day and lots of fruit! This afternoon I did some laundry and some other chores around the house, we just ate our delicious dinner and I am rushing to get this post finished because my mom is picking me up shortly to go get Grandma and a Tropical Sno! The perfect end to the perfect weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment