Monday, May 9, 2011

It's a Boy!!!

I KNEW it was going to be a boy! Even so, today has been almost surreal!  We got to see every part of him from his fingers to his kidneys and it was amazing!  We saw 10 fingers, 10 toes and some big feet!  They said that he is completely healthy!  He weighs about 11 oz. and his heart rate was 155 bpm.  It's crazy to think that I have a little Greg growing inside of me!  I sure hope he waits until after he is born to grow like daddy!  Apparently Greg was 30 pounds by the time he turned 1 year old!  But the good news - I weighed more at birth than Greg did - so there's still hope!  I can't believe we finally know!  I can't wait to meet him!!

Greg and I went into the ultrasound room and asked if we could find out the sex of the baby first because we wanted it to be just the two of us.  Then, Greg went and got Mom, Dad and Grandma and they came in to see the rest of the ultrasound.  My Dad and Grandma had never seen an ultrasound in person before and it was really amazing for them to get to see their grandson/great-grandson wiggling around!  For me, it almost still didn't seem like the baby on the screen could possibly be in my belly - even though I have been feeling lots of movement lately.  What an exciting and crazy day!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you both and can't believe I was wrong AGAIN! I have been wrong 100% of the times I have guessed! WTH? Ha ha ha!

    How fun that we all are having boys in 2011! Our sons are going to be best friends!!

    ReplyDelete