Our baby's development at 22 weeks:
- At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
- I've been feeling really good this week. The only real problems I have are after I eat a big meal because I feel like I'm going to pop. Other than that, I really can't think of any other problems. My belly is really growing, though, and my belly button is almost flush with my skin, but not quite. The exact quote from my mom today was, "Boy, you sure have gotten big!" - completely out of nowhere. Thanks Mom ;) It's been upper 80's here the last couple days, but the heat isn't bothering me at all yet. I actually love this weather because the house is in the low to mid 70's and I don't have to wear my robe all of the time to be comfortable. (The house is 62° - 69° all winter which is way too cold for me!) I'm just so happy and thrilled that summer is FINALLY here!!!
- I have a feeling that I will be craving Tropical Snos through this whole pregnancy! I just LOVE them. And unfortunately, I have been on a Chili Cheese Burrito kick which I hadn't had since before I got pregnant. I know they aren't the best pregnancy food - but they sure are good - especially when you add sour cream and extra cheese to them. YUM! I am also really enjoying steaks, salads with hard boiled eggs and boneless buffalo wings!!

No comments:
Post a Comment