I had my 5 month check-up today and I was in and out in 10 minutes. I was really glad that this appointment got rescheduled for today (it was supposed to be last Tuesday) so that I could discuss my ultrasound a little bit. At my ultrasound, the tech said that my placenta was closer to my cervix than it should be (called Placenta Previa), but she said that it typically moves as I get bigger. But of course, I started worrying since I had no idea what it was. She assured me that it didn't affect the baby at all - but if it didn't move by the time I go into labor, they would have to do a c-section (which - I hate to say - I would be totally fine with). The good news is that I get to see my baby again in 8 weeks to see if the placenta has moved. Otherwise, this would have been my last ultrasound. I love getting to see him on the monitor!
Anyway, I talked to my doctor about it today and she said I'm only slightly in the zone that they get concerned about, and said that the majority of the time it moves as pregnancy progresses and that it is nothing to worry about. Everything was great with the baby - which is such a relief! My blood pressure was a lot higher than normal (115/70) but they didn't seem concerned about it at all. I even said "Wow - that really jumped" and the nurse looked at me like I was crazy. I guess if you aren't used to 90-something over 60-something, it doesn't seem too bad. Baby's heartbeat was 153 (it was 155 yesterday) and I weighed 126 lbs.
No comments:
Post a Comment