Sunday, May 22, 2011

21 Weeks Pregnant!!

5/21/11 - 5/27/11

Our baby's development at 21 weeks:
  • Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.
I am feeling:
  • HUGE.  I know...I know...just wait, right??  But I feel like my belly has been growing exponentially the last couple weeks!  After I eat - I feel like I am going to pop!  It doesn't seem possible that my skin will be able to stretch much more!  It's crazy to read how big he is getting every week.  A lot of times I will put a measuring tape up to my belly and think...it's just not possible!  I think taller women have an advantage because it seems like they would have more vertical room for the baby to grow than I do.  I have such a short torso that there's no place for him to go but out.  I'm going to be a blimp by the time I reach full-term!  It's not related to pregnancy, but my allergies have been kicking my butt this week, too!  I sneeze about 20 times every morning and I am so stuffed up all day long.  My eyes itch, my throat itches and my face even itches sometimes.  It's been really quite miserable!     
I am craving:
  • TROPICAL SNOs still!  I get one every chance I get!  There are two major problems with this craving.  #1 - the closest location is about 30 minutes away.  #2 - they don't open if it is raining outside.  #3 - they are only open from 3-8.  The good news - there is a second location opening (about the same distance away) on Wednesday that has better hours (we scoped it out yesterday).  Yes, I know I sound like a lunatic - but this craving is literally unbearable at times!  No one can believe that there isn't something similar that would satisfy this craving, but there just isn't anything that even comes close for me!  I keep hoping that this craving will dissipate, but it's not letting up yet!
I look like:

1 comment:

  1. yeah for your cute belly :) also it is known that pregnancy can make your allergies much worse or disappear!

    ReplyDelete