Sunday, May 15, 2011

20 Weeks Pregnant!!

5/14/11 - 5/20/11

Our baby's development at 20 weeks:
  • You're at the halfway mark — congratulations! Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (The way your baby is measured changes now.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (although some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
I am feeling:
  • Pretty good.  I've been a little more tired than normal this week - I don't really make it much past 10:00 these days - but I have been waking up a lot through the night again.  Sometimes because of dreams and sometimes for no reason at all.  I am still experiencing lots of aches and pains in my abdomen, but I'm guessing that will continue for the rest of my pregnancy as things stretch and move.  I've also gotten quite an appetite lately - maybe baby is going through a growth spurt!  There's really no hiding my belly anymore!  I can't believe that I'm at the half-way point already! 
I am craving:
  • TROPICAL SNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMG - it is unbearable at times!  I don't even like writing about it right now because it makes me want one even more!  I even regretted posting that delicious-looking picture on Facebook because it kills me every time I look at my page!  I literally think about them most of the day and even dream about them.  I wake up wanting one.  I am the happiest person in the whole world while I have one - but getting them isn't very easy because I don't have a location nearby - so I intentionally run errands around them.  Why do I have to crave something that is so hard to get?!?!?!?  I've also really wanted steak - but not nearly as bad as Tropical Snos!
I look like:

1 comment:

  1. you look amazing!!!! can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete