Sunday, May 8, 2011

19 Weeks Pregnant!!

5/7/11 - 5/13/11

I CANNOT believe we find out the sex of the baby this week!!  I am so freaking excited!!  I can't wait to see the baby on the monitor and I just pray that everything is okay!  Don't expect to find out the name this week, though, because we are a LONG way from that!!  I'll be lucky if I can decide on a name before the baby gets here!  Bubby didn't have a name for the first 2 weeks that I had him!  In fact - "Bubby" was what we called him while I was trying to come up with a name and it just stuck!  Phil, on the other hand, was named before we even got him home by Greg.  Mom and I tried to come up with a different name because we thought "Phil" was so silly, but it fit his personality so well that it stuck, too.  The last time we had Phil at the vet, the vet assistant said she looked in the computer and Phil was the only Phil (dog or cat) at our vet!

Our baby's development at 19 weeks:
  • Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. The hair on her scalp is sprouting. This is a crucial time for sensory development: Your baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
I am feeling:
  • ANXIOUS!!!  I'm so excited for my ultrasound!!  The good news was that I had such a busy week this week that it didn't consume me, but now that I'm done with everything, it's all I can think about!!  I am still confident in my guess (boy), but I will be insanely happy with either!  I am most excited to see the baby on the monitor and to make sure everything is in the correct place!  I was in a better mood this week, but I sure had a lot of aches and pains!!  My mom said that I really grew this week - so hopefully they were just growing pains. I think my belly button is starting to move out, too.  And my dreams just keep getting worse!!   
I am craving:
  • Not much new - anything fruity is amazing.  And can I just say - the Magic Bullet is my best friend!  Making my fruity drinks are a dream in that thing!  One thing I definitely haven't lacked in this pregnancy is fruit!!  Is there an old wive's tale for that?  I also knew my mom was bringing over spinach dip for Mother's Day so I had been craving that like crazy! 
I look like:

1 comment:

  1. You are glowing babe - you look great!! Can't wait to see you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete