I have been very frustrated most of the week because we lost our officiant....I really haven't felt like doing anything wedding-related and I am so annoyed that I have to go through the process of finding another officiant all over again. They just aren't incredibly easy to find and 99% of them look like hippies or weirdos, so basically...this sucks! I finally snapped my anti-wedding planning mood today by meeting my dad at the tent store this morning to look at some things. The one thing that I had wanted (but didn't think that I would get) was at least one chandelier at my wedding.....since the reception room that we ended up choosing didn't have any. The problem was, most of the tent places that we went to wanted hundreds of dollars (to rent) these giant chandeliers - which wasn't going to happen! They are meant for super big reception tents, not 30' x 50' ceremony tents. But our tent place has two types of chandeliers...the big ones for hundreds of dollars and smaller ones for like $80...so my dad decided to let me have two of my little chandeliers! :-)
Afterwards, I decided to go check out this new(er) salon in Green where I am thinking about getting our hair done at. I had never been there, but Shanna had scoped it out for me a couple weeks ago and said that it was pretty nice. I had originally planned to go to my salon (MC) where I have been going since high school - but it's about 25 minutes away and I didn't really feel like taking up that much time the morning of the wedding to drive up and back - so I think that this place (The Green Room Spa) will be much more convenient! It is about 1/2 mile from the hotel and maybe a mile to my Dad's house (where I might need to stop to see my puppies since I won't see them at all that day).
I spent the rest of the day running all over town looking for random stuff and have been working on some projects since I got home. Hopefully I will get some motivation tomorrow to find some more officiants....(Tear)
No comments:
Post a Comment