Sunday, February 21, 2010

Learn Something New Every Day....

Thanks to a swollen, red, itchy, burning face, I now know that I am allergic to Aleve (Naproxen Sodium).  My face started getting really hot and itchy this afternoon and then the bumps started to appear (kinda like welts) and it kept getting worse and worse - so I called my mom to complain and she said that it sounded like I had hives.  I should mention that this had happened to me last month as well, so after ruling out that I hadn't really eaten anything out of the ordinary, we thought that it might be hormonal.  Since I decided that I wouldn't be seen in public like this, my mom was able to pick me up what I needed to get at the store and when she dropped it off, we started trying to figure out what was causing the hives on my face.  I finally mentioned the Aleve and my mom read the bottle, which said "Naproxen sodium may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include: hives, facial swelling, asthma (wheezing) or shock.".  So...we found the culprit.  My face is still pretty red and bumpy - the itching has subsided for the most part, though.  I guess it's back to Advil for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment