Sunday, September 25, 2011

39 Weeks Pregnant!!

9/24/11 - 9/30/11

Our baby's development at 39 weeks:
  • Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
I am feeling:
  • Like labor will never start.  It's funny because for the last month, I felt like it was going to start at any minute, and in the last few days, I have started feeling like he is going to be really late.  I'm not really sure why, just a weird feeling.  If I am right and he decides to stay past his due date, I wonder how long they will give him before they induce me.  And I wonder if they would schedule that at my appointment this week or wait until my 40 week appointment. I guess I'll find out.  I am definitely ready, though, whenever he does decide to come.  My bag is packed and everything that I hoped to have done is done.  I have gotten so used to all of his movements that I think it will be weird when he isn't in there anymore - although I am really looking forward to being able to lay down comfortably again.  I am still getting around okay and I am still able to do all of the day to day things that I could do before pregnancy, it just isn't quite as easy.  Sleeping hasn't gotten any better, but I am pretty sure it is only going to get worse pretty soon!  It's weird to think that this could be my last pregnancy post.  And yesterday when I saw my dad and grandma, I told them both that I hope the next time I see them is at the hospital!  Life sure is going to be different in the next week or so...and I can't wait!!
I am craving:
  • Sweets...and boy does it show!  I sure look chubby!  I kinda look like I did shortly after getting my wisdom teeth out!  I'm definitely sporting a chipmunk look!  I'm hoping that I'm one of the lucky ones that is able to lose the baby weight fairly easily, but we'll see.  I eat so much fruit, too.  And I have been making delicious strawberry lemonade pretty much every day.  Oh!  And caramel sundaes!  There has been a Wendy's commercial that gets me every time!  Except, I go to Dairy Queen (actually - I send Greg to Dairy Queen) instead of getting the caramel apple frosty from Wendy's.  So...needless to say, I have probably been overdoing my sugar intake quite a bit.
I look like:

Baby looks like:


2 comments:

  1. You look AMAZING!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are so close!! I can't wait to get the "In labor, on my way to the hospital" text! And then, of course, see a picture of him ;)

    ReplyDelete