Sunday, September 11, 2011

37 Weeks Pregnant!!

9/10/11 - 9/16/11

Our baby's development at 37 weeks:
  • Your baby is now considered full term, even though your due date is still three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. He weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.
I am feeling:
  • Really excited to be considered full term!!  I am so glad that he didn't decide to be a pre-term baby!  Even though I am beyond insanely uncomfortable at this stage of the game, I hope he stays put for another couple weeks so that he can fully develop.  At least at this point, I shouldn't have to worry about him being a preemie or having any severe health problems even if he does come in the next couple days, which is such a relief!  And I really didn't want to go into labor today, because I didn't want him to be born on such a sad day (9/11).  I feel much more prepared for his arrival, too!  Greg and I have spent a lot of time last weekend and this weekend getting everything ready, cleaned, put together and organized.  The car seat is in the car (although I want Greg to take it to get checked) and really the last thing I have to do is get my bag packed.  I printed a couple lists of recommended items (and would love any suggestions!!) and I think we have everything that I need to put in it, I just have to do it.  Greg and I went to Babies"R"Us today and got all of the stuff off our registry that we needed (at least for the beginning) that we didn't get at the showers, so I'm feeling pretty good about where we are right now.  Physically, though, I have been dragging!  I have been so tired.  My indigestion seems to be even worse - which didn't seem possible - and I am going through Tums like crazy.  I am still getting horrible sleep at night and going to the bathroom constantly.  At least my problems seem to be consistent!  And still no Braxton Hicks contractions.  I'm guessing that I won't have any at all like my mom.  I don't appear to have Strep B because I never got a phone call from my doctor - so that's good - but I guess I will find out for sure at my appointment on Tuesday.  I CANNOT believe he is almost here!!!  I'm getting so excited!!   
I am craving:
  • This probably sounds ridiculous, but ice cold water.  I am SO thirsty all the time.  I wake up though the night wanting it, the first thing I do in the morning is come downstairs and fill up my water bottle (and I fill it up 3-4 times a day - sometimes more).  And I'm still loving fruit of any kind! 
I look like:

Baby looks like:


No comments:

Post a Comment