Our baby's development at 38 weeks:
- Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
- The last few days have been pretty awful - I have had a horrible headache that just won't let up. I was worried that it was a blood pressure/preeclampsia issue, so Mom and Sam promptly bought a blood pressure machine (even though I told them not to) and brought it over yesterday and it was fine. It's possible that it is a bad sinus headache/infection. It started Friday afternoon and did not let up for one second all day yesterday, so I finally caved and took a couple Tylenol (my first medicine of this pregnancy) and it did not did not help one bit. I was so badly hoping that it would be gone this morning, but it is still terrible as I write this. Plus, my indigestion has been so bad that I am now forced to sleep in a 90° angle at night because I have had so much acid coming back up at night. I know I sound like such a whiny baby - but I am so exhausted, uncomfortable and miserable lately. I have had a few symptoms this week (that aren't really blog-appropriate) that make me think that he is getting close - but knowing my luck, he will probably be a week+ late and they will have to induce me. I am so ready.
- I can't say I've had much in the way of cravings this week. My appetite was back to normal and I'm still drinking water like crazy.
Baby looks like:


You can take a benedryl.
ReplyDelete