Tuesday, September 20, 2011
38 Week Check-up
I was so mad at myself last week for being so distracted and not asking for some of the measurements that I keep track of at every appointment, so this week I was on a mission to get as much info about my progress as possible. Thankfully, my blood pressure was really good - 110/70 - which was my top concern this week because I had one of the worst headaches of my life from this past Friday evening until Monday morning. My urine still didn't show any protein (or anything else), so I'm still doing good. I'm still gaining weight, too (I was hoping I might skip a week - although I did have on heavier clothes ;) ) weighing in at 148. His heart rate was in the upper 140's and my belly measured at 36 cm. I asked if that was okay since I am 38 weeks, and she said that most women don't actually get to 38 - 40 cm. Their size usually tapers off in my range. I am still only about 1 1/2 cm dilated and she said I am about 50% effaced - BUT - she said that my cervix was significantly softer than it was last week, so she said that there was a good chance that he could come this week! God I hope she is right!! It was so weird to hear her say that, though. I am currently in a stage where it doesn't really feel like labor will ever come, so thinking that he could be here sometime this week is just amazing to me. Even if he doesn't, though, it's nice to know that I am making some progress. I never in a million years thought I would be so excited to be in pain!
Appears in
Pregnancy - Baby #1,
Pregnancy - Doctor appointment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So excited for you!! I hope he does come this week! (But, just remember most first time mom's don't go early and the longer he stays in there the better for him :)) Love you! Hope you stay sane these last couple weeks! I remember how anxious I was both times at this point!!
ReplyDeleteYEAHHHHHHHH!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!
ReplyDelete