Now that I have some energy again, I have been obsessed with getting this house ready for baby. I know that it's still early - but once I get started - I can't seem to stop. A couple weeks ago, my mom got me a book titled
One Year to an Organized Life with Baby and it gives you things to accomplish for each week of your pregnancy. Week 14 (last weekend) happened to be "Organize your closet" which turned into organizing all of the closets, which turned into getting rid of 5 trash bags of clothes, which turned into finally making a decision on which room will be occupied by baby. We decided that the upstairs spare bedroom (across the hall from our room) would be the best room, which meant that I had to clear the whole closet out that was completely full with my clothes. I have to admit - it felt so great to get rid of so many clothes - most of which I probably haven't worn since we moved into the house almost 3 years ago. Actually, a lot of them I probably haven't worn since college!
I really wanted to keep a second spare bedroom upstairs, so the plan was to turn the bedroom at the end of the hall into a spare bedroom and move out of everything else that was back there (the desk, OSU stuff, etc.) because the pink and green floral comforter didn't really go with the OSU scheme. But instead, I found the PERFECT comforter that would allow me to keep the OSU theme. My mom, grandma and I went on the hunt for it yesterday morning and then when I got home, I was so motivated to get to work! Greg and I spent the rest of the day putting together the new spare bedroom and completely clearing out the baby room!
Greg pretending to be the baby...
I love these productive weekends!! It's so much better than laying on the couch feeling miserable all weekend!
That's a HUGE baby ;)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to come stay in my new room!!