I went to Kohls this week with Greg and his parents and I was wandering around the baby clothes section when an old woman came up to me and asked me where the crib sheets were. I said, "I'm sorry, I don't know." I thought maybe she thought that I was an employee, so I said, "I don't work here." She said, "I know, but I thought you would know because you are pregnant." I about died! I couldn't believe how ballsy the woman was! I guess I just didn't realize that I was that big! Wow.
My baby's development at 17 weeks:
- Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.
- Not as good as the last couple weeks. I have been having lots of aches and pains in my abdomen, which I'm hoping is just due to my growing belly. I wasn't nearly as energetic this week, either, and the dreaded headaches have returned. It felt like my belly grew so much in the past week and it seems to have moved up a little bit. I have also been noticing a little pop somewhere in my lower back when I walk sometimes or if I shift weight from one leg to another, which I assume is due to everything moving around. I'm also feeling strange little things in my belly once in a while, but I couldn't tell you for sure that it is the baby. I put my hand on my belly all the time hoping to feel definite movement, but the other night I felt something from inside my belly that felt kinda like something tickling me very lightly. I can't wait until I feel movement and I actually know what it is!
- No true cravings this week, but still enjoying pineapple, virgin strawberry daiquiris, anything with buffalo sauce and SweetTarts. I'm still eating Frosted Mini Wheats every morning for breakfast unless I get to go to IHOP on the weekend - which is my FAVE!

No comments:
Post a Comment