2nd Trimester!!
My baby's development at 14 weeks:
- Welcome to the second trimester! This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him -- a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches -- about the size of a lemon -- and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces.
- The best I have felt in months! I am SOOO thrilled to be done with my 1st trimester! I have had a lot more energy the last few days and it has really boosted my spirits! Plus, I'm so much less stressed now that work knows! I'm still getting some headaches and I have been having very vivid and occasionally very awful dreams. Sometimes bad enough that I refuse to go back to sleep. My appetite still isn't where it should be - especially in the evenings - but no where near as bad as it has been the last couple months. I have my 4-month appointment on Tuesday at which time I will schedule my ultrasound to find out the sex which I'm really excited about!
- Virgin strawberry daiquiris! They might be my first true craving - all the weeks past it was more like what could I actually eat - but I literally can't wait to have a strawberry daiquiri once I start thinking about it. I was driving home with my mom today and started thinking about one and I HAD to have one as soon as I got home. I put a bunch of real frozen strawberries in with the mix so it isn't completely unhealthy, but they are so delicious!

Oh, you are glowing! You look sooo much happier this week :)
ReplyDelete