Saturday, September 25, 2010

Yankee Peddler

We had such a wonderful time at Yankee Peddler today. The weather was amazing, Mom's medicine lasted almost the entire time we were there (she has a bad cold) and I absolutely LOVE the atmosphere there. I look forward to this festival every year.

Since Grandma didn't go with us this year, we got all of her favorite things (Apple fritter, home-made fudge & a funnel cake) and took it over to her after. Mom's medicine wore off by this point, so she was pretty miserable, but in my mission to get my family to stop using AOL - especially for their browser - I set my Grandma up with a Google account and made an iGoogle page for her, bookmarked all of her pages and walked her through everything. I set one up for my mom a couple weeks ago and in order to persuade her to use it, I only send email to that account now. Get this - Mom & Sam were having problems with their AOL a while ago and Sam was on the phone with them and the AOL guy told Sam NOT to use AOL as their browser! It's hard to break old habits...but I sure am trying. Dad - you are next!! :)

Now, I'm home, enjoying this wonderful Saturday afternoon. Greg is sleeping on the couch and I keep switching back and forth between the OSU game (which is pretty boring...again!) and the Alabama game. Life is good! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for a wonderful day. Days like today I will always remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Napping and relaxing on the couch? Switching casually between games! ENJOY IT NOW while you can :) Love you! Hope to see you in October :)

    ReplyDelete