I had such a blast at the alumni game this year. Not that I don't always have fun, but this year I had a new appreciation for everything. On my drive down to Columbus Thursday morning I did a lot of reminiscing, which got me a little sad at times, but also made me realize how lucky I am to have done so many amazing things.
I got down to Columbus and met Lynn & Liz outside the new Union - which is stunning! I can't believe how much campus has changed in the last five years. We went inside for a little bit and then Liz & I walked down to the Gateway while they got set up. I really thought that I was going to hate the Thursday night game, but it turned out great! The luncheon was a much more relaxed event than the typical Friday night dinner. I also loved that I didn't feel like crap the whole day like I usually do from drinking the night before. Another bonus - the Grassy Knoll was actually grassy again! :-) The only bad part about the Thursday game was that there really weren't very many alumni from the years that I cheered.
I brought my Canon T2i to the game this year and I am so glad I did - even though I am sure everyone was making fun of me. Pom poms = press pass apparently, because I was running all over the place taking pictures. I put most of my favorites on Facebook.
We cheered the 3rd quarter, which went by in a blink, and we hung out in the north end for a little bit into the 4th quarter and we got on TV! Greg has been making fun of me because I am in the back and I must admit that I looked pretty silly - but I don't care - I was on TV :-). Lynn took a picture of the TV screen and sent it to me:
After the game ended and we sang Carmen, we went out to the middle of the field and took some really cute pics that I just LOVE.
My parents were waiting for me after the game to say bye before they headed home. I felt so bad because they had a miserable drive back due to horrible traffic jams on 71. Before Mom & Sam left, we put on the shirts that I made for Lynn, Liz, my mom and me so that we could get some pictures in them. After my family left, we went to 4 Kegs for a little bit and then headed back to Lynn's house.
Here are some pics from the day:
I drove back up yesterday and took a nap for a little bit when I got home. Greg & I went to Otani last night with Mom, Sam, Grandma and Jason - which is always wonderful.
Today has been a pretty lazy day and we may just lay low tonight. I'm not really sure where summer went, but today feels like mid-October. I think it is supposed to warm up a little tomorrow and we are going to have everyone over for a mini-cookout! I love 5-day weekends!! :-)




















No comments:
Post a Comment