Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Photo Crazy!

I have been spending all of my time playing with photo applications.  First, I discovered Picasa and I spent a day trying to figure out how to store the database on my external hard drive instead of the computer hard drive (because I go back and forth between my laptop and my desktop) and I finally figured it out and I was so proud of myself.  If you don't know what Picasa is - it is basically a desktop application that serves almost like a library for all of your pictures.  You can do some minor editing (and it also connects to Picnik for additional editing) and it is GREAT for photo sharing!  That's actually my main reason for using it.  There are so many different options - the only one it lacks is Facebook.  It is a Google application - so it hooks directly to Blogger - and there are so many apps that work with your albums.  I created a bunch of different albums to post on the newly added pages on this blog (the top tabs...Our Puppies, Wedding, Honeymoon, etc.).  The only problem is that it takes up a lot of hard drive space - especially when you have tens of thousands of pictures like I do - so figuring out how to store the database on my external drive was mandatory. 

If you need a laugh...take a look at the "Wedding" page and check out the pictures of some of the wedding dresses I tried on in my hunt last fall.  I was never able to share them with you at the time.  I look at some of the ones that I considered and just laugh.  Some of them were just awful!!  And I look awful in most of them to boot!

I have also been working on our wedding album.  Since I'm a bit of a control freak and I enjoy working with photos so much - I decided that it was something I wanted to do myself instead of having our photographer do it - and I must say...I'm doing a pretty good job.  I wish I could say that it was going to save us money - but because I want a flush mount album (the thick board, lay-flat pages) and I can't cut down on the pictures that I want to use - it will be somewhere in the ballpark of $1000 to get made...but it will be worth it.  It will probably be 4-5 inches thick, though - which Greg says is too big...but I don't care.  Once I get it done I will share it with you!! 

Other than that...not much is new.  We have been taking the boys for walks at night while the weather is still nice.  We are getting close to launching the new cardinalhealth.com (which has been an INSANE project) so work has been pretty crazy for the last few weeks.  It is supposed to launch on October 4th - but we will see...

I think my mom and I are going to Yankee Peddler this weekend which is an arts & crafts festival that I have been going to since I was really little.  My grandma (Shubert) used to play the handbells there.  It is setup like pioneer America and it is very rustic with vendors selling the most incredible hand-made items.  Hopefully the weather cooperates...sure wish I could talk my grandma into going with us! ;)

1 comment:

  1. awww -- the "friends" pictures made me sad.... I want a "girls' weekend" or a big trip or something with all of us :(

    ReplyDelete