Sunday, August 29, 2010

Another Fun Trip to CT

We are back home after another whirlwind trip to Connecticut! We left Wednesday after work and got to CT sometime after 3 AM. Since I'm very low on PTO after the honeymoon and I have to take off for my alumni game this week, I worked Thursday & Friday.  Thursday was rough - I didn't get much sleep and Sean & Kelly's rehearsal dinner was that night.  After the rehearsal dinner, we went to a little Irish pub around the corner from the restaurant.  We stayed out till midnight and then we dropped the bride and groom off and went home to get some sleep!
Friday I was a little less sleep deprived.  I worked and then headed to the wedding with Bill, Janis & Kurt.  It was also Bill's birthday, which we celebrated on Saturday with a cookout.  The wedding was a great party!

Since Kelly is taller than Sean, there were a lot of short jokes incorporated into the best man speech and he came in on a segway, which was hysterical!  There were a lot of props used for the introductions and throughout the night.
Saturday, Bill & Janis had a cookout at their house and a bunch of their friends came over.
After the cookout, I went out with Ana for a few hours to catch up while Greg & Kurt stayed home with the kids.  When I got home, I went up to our room to set my purse down and then went downstairs to find Greg & Kurt.  Instead, I found Bill asleep on the couch.  At that point I assumed that Greg and Kurt went out after they put the kids to sleep.  I opened the door to check the kids' room and found this.
They were so cute that I didn't want to wake them up - so I packed a little bit and went to bed. 

We got up this morning and went to IHOP with everyone for breakfast on our way out of town.  I drove the first couple hours, but I got to the point where I was starting to scare myself because I could barely keep my eyes open, so I woke Greg up and made him drive for a couple hours.  We got home around 6:00 and are trying to cram our usual Sunday routine into a few hours.

It is a short work week for me this week because of the alumni game on Thursday - which can I just say was a horrible idea on OSU's part!  Whoever's bright idea that was should be fired.  I debated even going, but I haven't missed one yet, so I am just going to complain about it all the way down to Columbus on Thursday morning!

1 comment:

  1. Complain all you want Missy - I'm just so glad you decided to come!! See you in a few days!

    ReplyDelete