Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shopped Till We Dropped!

Other than spending the morning massaging Bubby's back, it was a really great day.  The last couple days have been pretty tough - especially since Bubby has been having such bad back spasms that he can barely walk.  He has been waking up each morning in complete misery and it takes a couple hours for his medicine to kick in.  He is in so much pain that he won't even sit or lay down, so he just stands there - his whole body shaking from spasms - and it is awful.  Our day was a little delayed because I didn't want to leave until he started to feel a little bit better.

My mom picked me up, we picked Grandma up and we met my dad at Firestone to see it set up for the wedding there today.  It helps to be able to see it set up so that I can figure out what I like and don't like.  The wedding in there today was about 200 people and it was pretty tight - we are hoping to come in a bit under that, so hopefully it won't feel as cramped.  The room isn't very big - but there is a "patio" room (where the hors d' oeuvres will be set up) and the outdoor patio that wraps around the room - so hopefully everyone will have enough room.

Before we left Firestone, I wanted everyone to look over the finished invitation and check it for mistakes so that I can start printing them.  Speaking of...I could use some opinions - we were having a debate about how long before the wedding we should request the response cards back.  How long do you think is appropriate? →

After we left Firestone, my mom, grandma and I spent the day on the hunt for wedding attire - and we did good!  I bought a dress for my shower (which is two weeks from today! OMG!!).  I think I tried on about 15 dresses, but I feel like the one I bought is very "showery".  We also found a beautiful dress for my mom to wear to the wedding!  My mom and I have had very differing opinions of what she should wear - but when we saw this dress - we knew it was PERFECT!  We also found an incredible dress/jacket for my grandma to wear to the wedding, but we are going to keep looking around because it was the first and only dress that she has tried on.  I think both of their dresses are amazing!  I have to admit - I was starting to get a little nervous about their attire because I wasn't sure if they were going to have order something or not - but it turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment