Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Office Makeover

No more blue room!  I'm so super excited!!  I'm not completely done with the room yet - but I think it is a HUGE improvement from the 2-tone blue room (with blue ceiling) we had before!  So far, I have bought new curtains/rods, a futon cover, pillows, a bookshelf and artwork.  Here is a picture of what it looked like before (I wish I had more before shots):
And here is what it looks like now:
Greg painted the shelves in the corner and put them up - but they are probably coming back down....I'm not a big fan.  I'm going to see how they look with stuff on them - but I doubt it will help much.
Since this is where I work everyday, I probably spend more time in this room than any other room in the house, so I really wanted it to look nice. But, since it is "technically" Greg's office, I didn't want to make it girly, either.  Too be honest - I'm just thrilled that it isn't blue anymore!!!  Greg and Phil decided they wanted to be in some pictures, too...
I got absolutely nothing wedding-related accomplished this weekend, but my dad and I have decided to get together next weekend and get back on track.  Now that I am (almost) over this stupid cold - I am planning on making my dress appointment this week and hopefully get everything I need to start the invitations.  I can't tell you how much I am regretting my decision to make the invitations myself......hopefully it won't be as bad as I am imagining.

We have been trying to add to our registry, but are having a tough time.  We know that we want new pots, but I am having the hardest time deciding on which ones.  I would like non-stick cookware, but I have read that the non-stick surface is unsafe...so I don't know what to do.  I would love some feedback →

2 comments:

  1. From what I remember - the non-stick surface is no longer unsafe - its the old Teflon from years ago that would come off. They don't do that anymore. We have the Cephalon pans that are all silver but Andy wishes he would have gotten the ones that are black. He has had THE HARDEST time keeping these clean and he feels like they have a lot of "hot spots". All the extra pieces he adds now are black surfaced (I'm sure there's a more technical name for that) and he loves them.

    Greg- the room looks AMAZING! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, it was only unsafe if you cut/scraped them.... with a knife or something like that. As long as you use rubber spatulas or things without a sharp edge, your pans should be fine! I still would throw mine away if they got scratched up.... but I am just paranoid :)

    Also, the room looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete