It all began Monday night.....and it hit me like a ton of bricks. My nose started running, my eyes started watering, my sinuses and my ears started hurting and I knew it was gonna be a bad night. It turned into three really bad nights barely sleeping in a 90° angle. This week really made me thank my lucky stars that I can work from home, because there is no way I would have survived in an office. I would have had to take sick days and with the showers, wedding and a two week honeymoon coming up - I don't really have the days to use. I have been living on Advil Cold & Sinus and pretzels the last few days because I have had absolutely no appetite and everything else tasted like poop. But I knew I couldn't keep taking the medicine on an empty stomach - so the pretzels seemed to work out okay. This was one of the worst colds I can remember having...and I'm still not 100%. I'm hoping that I will be able to maybe sleep at a 45° angle tonight...but we'll see. The only good part about Greg getting up at 4:30 was that he could give me medicine so that it wasn't completely worn off by morning.
The good news is that I do believe that the worst is over - but a lot of the congestion has dropped into my throat so every swallow is painful and my ears are still popping like crazy. It's amazing how much you take feeling normal for granted! Plus - I hate that this whole week was a complete waste - I didn't get anything accomplished and was miserable to boot. Greg did, however, finish painting the office tonight - so at least he was productive. I'm excited to get the room put back together and I'll share some pics! It feels like it's about time for some more medicine.....sure hope I'm all better tomorrow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment