Friday, October 9, 2009

Welcome to our Wedding Blog!!

Since only one person in my wedding party lives within 50 miles of me, I thought that this blog would be a great way to keep everyone in the loop!  So far this process hasn't been very easy, but now that the venue has been picked, I feel a million times better!!  We visited almost 20 different venues in this area before deciding on Firestone Country Club.  We finalized everything on Wednesday and locked in our date (June 26, 2010)!  Although I am not thrilled about the ceremony arrangement at Firestone, we decided that it would be the most convenient - especially since we are not affiliated with any particular church.

I have finished making the Save the Date cards/magnets and if I could ever get my Dad to give me his list I would be all set (thank you Janis for getting me your list so quickly!!).  I will probably get ours out either tomorrow (Saturday) or Tuesday (no mail on Monday).  They have a wide range of colors on them because I still haven't figured out the exact color scheme that I am going to use - but I am working on it.  They will probably be some combination of bright, cheery summer colors.

I haven't even started looking at dresses yet - hopefully I will get into a bridal shop sometime soon and start to get an idea of what kind of dress I want, because right now I have no idea.  I am also going to start looking at bridesmaid dresses soon!  I will try to keep the cost as low as possible.  I am going to suggest that we all get shoes that don't have a pointy heel because the ceremony is going to be on grass.

I wish I had some pics to share - but I don't.  Hopefully by my next post I will have some to share!  I hope you all enjoy this blog and thank you all so much for being such an important part of my very special day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment