Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sugar momma

So....we went to the seminar and it was actually quite interesting.  If I was rich, I would have bought everything they were trying to sell us - but we got out of there without spending a penny and with a voucher for a 2-night stay at a Marriot in Hawaii!!  It sure was tough, though!  They were trying to sell this incredible cookware - but holy crap was it expensive!!  The 8-piece set was almost $2000 - and I'm pretty sure they included lids as "pieces".  Not that any of you care, but they did a demonstration with veggies and chicken - and basically their biggest selling point is that you can put the food into the pot or pan without having to add any water (which can take out the nutrients in veggies) or oil/butter/etc.  They just threw the veggies right into the pot, put it on the burner, and in a few minutes he let us sample the best tasting broccoli and carrots that I'd ever had!  Same thing with the chicken - no oil or anything - and it cooked in half the time!  Plus, he mentioned how bad teflon is (the no-stick stuff) - which is what we have - not to mention that it is all chipped and peeling (which is basically putting toxins into my food)!  I guess everyone knows what we will be registering for! :-)  Obviously not the cookware that we saw today, considering one pot was like $700 - but definitely stuff better than what we currently have!  I gotta admit, I came really close to buying some of it - especially at the end when he started throwing in the top-of-the-line knife set and an additional 4-day all-inclusive trip in the Caribbean - but somehow I managed to turn it all down.

There were only 3 couples in the room, and the sales guy was VERY interactive with us, asking us all kinds of questions.  Towards the beginning, he asked Greg what he did for a living, and Greg said he was unemployed (so they wouldn't pressure us as much).  Then the guy asked Greg what kind of job he wants, and Greg told him that he has no idea - so the guy asked him what he has done in the past and Greg told him that he used to work in a bar.  Mind you - Greg is about 3 weeks overdue for a haircut and far from clean-shaved - and the whole time I'm sitting there like - OMG, these people think that I am marrying a complete loser!!

 We both agreed that we were glad that we went, though!

Yesterday, my dad and I went to meet with a potential photographer.  I liked the guy and he works with his wife, which I also like for pre-wedding stuff (getting ready, etc.).  Since I am a little more modest than most, I think it would be nice to have a woman taking pictures of me getting in my dress.  We had him pencil us in for our date, but we are still going to meet with a couple other photographers.  It was a good start, though.  Afterwards, my dad and I went to Bob Evans so that we could talk for a little bit, and 3 hours later, we left Bob Evans!  I felt bad for the waitress, but we were discussing all kinds of wedding stuff and getting on the same page - and I think that we got a lot accomplished.

Now I really need to focus on all of the finishing touches for Christie's shower on Saturday!!  I'm really excited and nervous and I just hope everything goes great!  

No comments:

Post a Comment