Although I didn't do anything exciting (like try on dresses or pick out the bridesmaid dresses), I did get a couple wedding tasks accomplished this weekend. I have now compiled everyone's guest lists and made one master spreadsheet that includes lots of different sheets that breaks everything down to make my life much easier down the road. This will sound really sad, but I LOVE spreadsheets! :-)
I spent most of yesterday afternoon addressing all of the Save the Date envelopes and I'm anxious to get those out - I haven't bought the stamps for those yet, but hopefully I will be able to break away from work early Tuesday morning and run to the post office so that I can get them in the mail.
I also thought I would share some info about the wedding weekend that I know at this point. First, we are going to use the Cambria Suites for the night of the wedding for us and our guests. It's a new hotel in Green and it's really nice. Every room is a suite and it's 4-5 miles from Firestone (and actually only about 2 miles from my Dad's house). The night before the wedding is still up in the air - we have the option to use one room in one of the villas at Firestone, so I was thinking that either my bridal party or Greg's bridal party could stay there. They are really nice and you can rent the common area out for like $80 - which would be completely worth it! Katy - how fun would it be play some pool like old times?!? I wish we could have everyone stay in the villas the night of the wedding - but they are WAY too pricey.
Since my Dad is such a social butterfly, we also have our cake vendor, our florist and our DJ - which is actually really nice, because it saves me from having to take the time to search for them. Since we decided to get married at Firestone, our next task is to find an officiant. I guess I probably need to decide on a color scheme soon, too! I spent some time last night looking a dresses online, but it didn't do much good - I think that is something that is going to have to be done in person.
That's about all I got done this weekend - as my mom always says..."Inch by inch, life's a cinch!" :-)
OH of COURSE the girls should stay in the villa the night before - YOU are the BRIDE! lol! :) Here we come pool.... ;)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I love the colors of your blog ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you!! :-)
ReplyDeleteI think WE should stay in the Villa as well:)
ReplyDeleteWhere are you and Greg staying the wedding night? Firestone or Cambria?
We will stay at the Cambria with everyone - there is also a bar in the hotel, so if we feel up to it, we can all hang out after the reception, too - like at Katy's (hopefully minus the drama!! :-)
ReplyDelete