Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Worst Idea EVER!!

I REALLY regret my decision to make our wedding invitations...they have been such a pain in the A$$ to make and have taken SO much time!  I should have had them out a week ago - I just never dreamt that they would take this long! 
I got all of the printing and cutting done last week.  I spent all weekend and every free minute that I have had this week gluing and assembling them.  I had planned to print all of the envelopes - however the ink doesn't stick to the envelope and it smears, so my dad gave me his laser printer, which worked better, but now I'm torn.  My invitation does not exactly follow the "traditional" invitation etiquette, but I have read that you aren't supposed to print the addresses on the envelope, so now I am leaning back towards hand-writing them.  I DEFINITELY don't have time to hire a calligrapher - and my handwriting sucks - so my mom has offered to address them for me.  We are hoping to get them out tomorrow - but it may only be a portion of them.  The worst part is that I have worked on these stupid things so much that I don't even like them anymore.  There are numerous things that bug me - but it's too late to do anything about them.  In total, I have glued 770 pieces.

On a more positive note - I have hired a "Day Of" wedding coordinator which I am incredibly excited about!!  After learning that Firestone's people were not going to help out with the ceremony in any way, I decided that I needed someone there to make sure that everything runs smoothly.  The woman that we chose is fabulous!  I feel a MILLION times better and she was exactly what I was looking for!  She will come to my last meeting with Firestone, the rehearsal and will be there for my entire wedding day until the last guest has left.  If we didn't hire Maria - my mom would have been the one making sure everything was set up properly and I didn't want her to have to worry about that.  I want her to be able to enjoy the day.  This was a MUCH better idea than my invitations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment