Saturday, May 15, 2010

Too Busy To Blog

Holy Moly have I been busy!  This wedding business is a TON of work!  I spent a lot of time this week working on some of the smaller wedding details and I got a bunch of stuff ordered.  I also designed the rehearsal dinner invitation/response card which I think is ready to go.  We have a meeting at The Galaxy Tuesday night, so I want to wait until we finalize the menu before I print them.  They won't take 100th of the time that it took to make the wedding invitations, so I'm not too concerned about them. 

We met with our tent guy at Firestone this morning to discuss how and where we are going to set up the tent.  I had also bought a crystal curtain that I was going hang all the way across the end of the tent where we will stand, but I think we have decided against it for two reasons.  #1 - If it was even half as windy as it was today, we are afraid that they would be swaying in behind us and might be a distraction. #2 - They kinda look like rain.  What do you think? (Please excuse my laundry on the floor.) →
I don't know...obviously it will look different outside, but I'm torn. The strands would be longer, so they would go all the way to the ground.  I will probably change my mind 10 times about this before the wedding!

We also took our engagement pictures at Firestone today.  OMG was it windy!  I was so frustrated by the end - I literally wanted to rip my hair out!  I wore my hair straight and all down and it was ALL OVER THE PLACE!  All today did was reinforce what I already knew - I don't want my hair to MOVE on my wedding day!!  The most interesting part will be when we take the golf carts out onto the course - even if it isn't windy out, that really gets you looking pretty wind-blown.  The course is really pretty, though!  And I really liked working with our photographers.  I'm really anxious to see the pictures.  He said that he should have them up on his website by the end of the week (this coming week).  We took some pictures of our own after our engagement session was over for one of our many wedding projects...but my mom says that I'm not allowed to share them...

After we left Firestone, Greg and I went to Denny's (yay!) and then to Bed Bath and Beyond to try and add more stuff to our registry - but we didn't find much.  After, we got Greg ice cream (for being a good boy at BB&B) and I got a Tropical Sno!!  Oh how I love them! 

I'm going to meet Shanna in Akron for a little bit tonight and tomorrow Greg and I have our second dance lesson!  We picked out our song and hopefully Mom is going to teach us our actual dance tomorrow.  I was hoping that my shoes that I ordered would be in so that I could break them in tomorrow, but they won't be here till Monday (boo).  All-in-all, though, I am definitely making progress - but it is truly mind-boggling to think about how much I have left to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment